2007-04-28

J-CAST 20


Kaya - 繚乱
JUN - Funny Place
Moi dix Mois - Xanadu
アリス九號. - "13"
Kagrra, - さようなら

podOmatic
iTunes


I recorded this like two weeks ago? I never got around to posting it. I realized that I had to post it when I ended up in Chinatown whilst looking for the post office. I never realized that when Jenna said I was like, three blocks from it, that she meant...three blocks.

I really appreciate the comments and reviews I get for the show! They are the reason I keep making them. I am going to start to actively fill requests and broaden the artists I play as well. If you would like to suggest an artist or band, comment, email, etc and let me know! I don't have the artist or band, be prepared to help me get them!

As for the music in the show, Kaya's track is off his new single "桜花繚乱" and I believe I called it a b-side. I dont really know if "繚乱" is a b-side since it is technically in the title. It is a great single no matter how you label the tracks. Jun's song "Funny Place" is the only track on his lil' album with vocals. His voice is...cute? I don't really know, but he may have what it takes to be a niche solo artist. His pink hair reminds me of someone...

Moi dix Mois' "Xanadu" was a tough call. I like other songs on the album much more, but I felt that Xanadu really represents the heart of the album. Hopefully you like what you hear, get intrigued and buy the album. アリス九號.'s "JEWELS" feels like it came out ages ago, but I really like "13" so I thought I would throw it in. I would love a new album from them this year. The last track I played was Kagrra,'s "さようなら". It's a nice song from a solid album and you would be doing yourself a favor by listening to it.

minagoroshi //37564。

14 comments:

Alexaaaaa said...

YAAY! NEW EPISODE!!! The first and third tracks are my favorites, although all of the songs are undeniably awesome. I would love to hear some more DespairsRay, Vidoll, and Miyavi, if you have room for them. Where can I download episode 13? iTunes decided it would only download the first four minutes.

minagoroshi said...

Thanks alexa!

You can d/l all the episodes at http://minagoroshi.podomatic.com/!

I'll try my best to fill your requests! Keep listening!

Anonymous said...

hey minigoroshi,

I know this may sound stupid, but if you ever get the chance could you play some ayumi hamasaki. I don't really like alot of her stuff, but she has a good song or two. Preferably Evolution XD. Well don't mean to waste your time, just putting out an opinion.

PS. Some Miyavi and Diru on then next episode would be nice too ~_^

Thanks!
crimsonsilence

K1m!ko said...

Love the new ep. Perfect soundtrack for my day.. Although I keep having to listen to ep 19. Seemed like the perfect mix of songs. And I've been kinda behind with my music purchases, so when I heard Gackt, I had to run over to Little Tokyo to buy it. Good stuff. Cheers. :)

Kimiko

M said...

I'm liking this Kaya song, who is it writen by? I haven't heard the whole single yet.

Anonymous said...

Great episode! Thank you for continuing to play creative stuff like Kaya and Moi dix Mois instead of just Hardcore/Nu Metal/Mainstream Rock like everybody else. You'd think there's nothing else out there...

Could I request some Lareine and Vidoll please? *kiss*

minagoroshi said...

Hey guys! I'm going to try and work on the new episode tonight! I'll try and fill your requests!

As for the Kaya song M, I believe it was Hora. Ouka was written by Kalm, but the booklet is in entirely Japanese and I have yet to spot Hora's Kanji.

Anonymous said...

This show, as all the others have been, was great. I always look forward to them - you do an excellent job. :] Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I commented last, but I still listen to all of your episodes~! Anyways, I really like this eps -- just the right songs to brighten up my day -- just like always~ request: Metronome - towa no kyoubi
I've been more addicted to them since your Electric-ish eps (LONG LONG time ago).

~ Kasumi ~

Alexaaaaa said...

Minagoroshi, do you know where I can buy Kozi cds?

Anonymous said...

Hey minagoroshi! Just wanted to thank you because I found out about Jrock Revolution listening to your show and I just came back from LA! WHAT A SHOW!! THANKS!!! (DespairsRay were the best!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey just stopping in to say KEEP IT UP! I love what you do, esp we have such similar music taste! Like I think it was ep #17 in which you played Deathmate by Vidoll? That's like my FAVORITE. SONG.
So yeahhh and I like practically everyyything you play. & I've heard of most of the bands you play but I have no clue where to start.. and then you end up playing something real awesome by them! Like I didn't know Kaya was so cool.

mmm and just wondering is Moi Dix Mois your favorite band or something. because it sure seems like it.

Have a nice day :)!

Anonymous said...

@alexa

cdjapan.co.jp

Anonymous said...

Hey minagoroshi! I love listening to your podcast. I've discovered alot of really good bands through it. I was just wondering if you could maybe play a song by Screw in a later episode. I don't know if you've heard them, but I think there really good. Hope to hear more and keep the music coming ^_^